We all want to get the most out of our workout session. Some take supplements to get a boost of energy and performance. Creatine is amongst the top ingredient used by supplement manufacturers.
With a lot of creatine supplements available in the market, it’s quite hard to choose which one will work best for you. In this comprehensive guide, we will discuss everything you need to know about the best creatine supplements in 2019.
What exactly do creatine supplements do? Why should you use this type of product?
Creatine is believed to help individuals achieve bursts of strength and energy. Bodybuilders use creatine supplements because it promotes muscle mass. Moreover, this muscular boost may help them endure high-intensity exercises. Aside from increasing lean muscle mass, they also help with muscle recovery.
In addition, creatine carries several health benefits. Taking creatine supplement can help lower your blood sugar level and risk of cognitive illness. It also assists in improving your overall quality of life.
Pros & Cons
Creatine supplements are generally beneficial and safe. However, we can’t overlook some of the side effects reported by several users.
- Promote muscle gain
- Increase energy and strength
- Prevents neurological disease and improves brain health
- Helps with the treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Improves muscular function
- Improves the quality of life in older adults
- Lowers blood pressure
- Highly accessible
Possible side effects such as:
- Stomach upset
- Nausea, vomiting
- Kidney problems
- Breathing difficulty
- Weight gain
Are you looking for the best creatine supplement to optimize your workout experience?
Below are the top 10 best creatine supplements of 2019.
Creatine HMB combines two powerful ingredients: HMB leucine metabolite and Creapure Creatine Monohydrate. These help promote lean muscle gains and enhance strength. Each serving contains 5 grams of creatine monohydrate, which is the most widely studied and common form of creatine.
- Lean Muscle Growth
- Reduced Fatigue
- Increased Strength
- Gluten-free and no artificial sweeteners, coloring, and preservatives
- Could be a little pricey
- The flavored version may not be appealing to the taste
Most of the users have given positive feedback. According to reviews on their website, users are very satisfied with the result of this product. There are a few who complained that it’s a bit pricey though.
MuscleTech promises this product to be “the most powerful creatine formula” you can buy. Every scoop of Cell-Tech Hard-Gainer Creatine is powered with 2.5 grams of creatine citrate and 2.5 grams of creatine monohydrate. You also get 38 grams of carbs in a serving. In addition, combining creatine with liquid carbs is an effective way of increasing creatine absorption to your muscles.
- Help muscle recovery and reduce cramp
- Contains antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid which increases the amount of creatine absorbed in the muscle
- Aids in muscle protein synthesis
- Contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and other nutrition to reduce cellular damage during high-intensity training.
- Contains artificial sweeteners
- High in calories
- Low in BCAAs
This product receives more positive reviews on Amazon. According to its users, it delivers the result that it promises. They mentioned that it comes at a good price too.
You get a full gram of 99.9% pure CreaPure brand Creatine Monohydrate in each serving of Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Powder. Taking this supplement reportedly helps to enhance your energy reserves while reducing the risk of protein breakdown.
- Micronized to Stay Suspended in Solution Longer
- Made with Pure CreaPure Creatine
- No Additives or Fillers
- Supports power and strength
- Odorless and tasteless which makes it easier to mix into water or juices.
- Has a grainy taste
- Some users experienced digestive issues when not dissolved properly
- Doesn’t completely dissolved when mixed with liquid.
Amazon users provided mixed reviews of this product. Others love the quality and quantity of service that it provides for the price. Others are not a big fan of its smell and taste.
You will get 5g of 100% pure Creatine Monohydrate in every serving of RSP Nutrition Creatine. It helps not just in muscle gain but it also benefits people of all ages. It prevents muscle loss, lowers the risk of mental decline, and improves cognitive function.
- Pure 100% Micronized Creatine
- Unflavored so it’s easy to mix with other drinks
- Optimized absorption for proven effectivity
- Helps with lean muscle gain, recovery, and strength
- Some users reported experiencing headache as a side effect
- Very hard to get to the bottom of the container
This supplement received mostly positive reviews on Amazon. Users love how easy it is to mix with water, juice or a smoothie. Additonally, they commented that it does not have any aftertaste too.
This muscle-building supplement was designed to improve your energy levels, increase muscle growth, help boost your overall hydration levels, and avoid workout fatigue.
- One of the most concentrated forms of creatine supplement in the market
- Hard to mix with other liquid
- Has a slight medical taste to it
Amazon has mixed reviews for this supplement. Positive feedback states its effectiveness in building muscles and is also easy to mix. However, other users are disappointed that the box is half full.
ProMera Sports is said to offer the best in class in Creatine HCl supplement. It reportedly offers improved stability, bioavailability, and plasma uptake.
- Gets dissolved into the water easier and absorbed in the body faster
- No fillers and no contaminants
- Lesser dose for bigger results
- The flavor may not be pleasing to the palette.
This product received mixed reviews on Amazon. Some users who gave it negative feedback commented that it is too expensive and does not taste good. On the other hand, there are those who find this supplement effective.
This product is one of the finest creatine available in the market. You get 5 grams of ultra-pure creapure creatine in every serving.
- Improves overall training capacity
- Maximum bio-availability
- Finest grade German Creatine
- Restores your ATP pool during high-intensity activities
- Great price and value
- Does not taste good
- Hard to dissolve in water or juices
This supplement received more positive reviews on Amazon. For instance, a number of users like how their muscles bulked up with the help of this supplement. They also love that it has zero taste as advertised.
This advanced powder creatine matrix combines two powerful ingredients: Dicreatine Malate and Magnesium Creatine Chelate. These are said to assist in delivering synergistic benefits.
- Instantly dissolves
- A patented form of creatine
- Greater protein synthesis
- Increased stamina, strength and performance
- Good value
- Does not taste good
This supplement received more positive reviews on Amazon. Users love the taste and see the desired result after a few months of using this supplement.
Each serving is packed with five of the most advanced forms of creatine available. These are said to aid in speeding up recovery and increasing muscle strength and volume.
- Fuels muscle growth and stimulates lean muscle
- Great tasting
- Rapid and complete absorption
- Quickly dissolved
- Contains artificial flavors/sweeteners
- A little bit pricey
Reviews for this supplement on Amazon are predominantly positive. Most users love the taste. In addition, there are those who gave testimonials of the increased strength and muscle size this product gave them.
This supplement is 100% pure and manufactured in the USA. It contains Micronized Creatine which dissolves faster in any liquid. It also gets absorbed in the stomach quickly.
- Increases power, strength and muscle growth
- Reduces soreness and recovery time
- No Artificial Ingredients
- Highest quality
- Micronized for fast absorption.
- Some users reported side effects such as abdominal cramping, bloating and digestive issues
Users love this product, therefore, receiving only positive reviews on Amazon. They commented that it provides high-quality creatine for a fantastic price.
While it’s clear that each of the items on this list is a great creatine supplement, most users preferred Natura Formula’s Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder. Aside from its health benefits, it also offers an all-natural ingredient.
Most positive reviews commended it for its reasonable price and its 365-day money back guarantee. Unsatisfied users may return it within the guaranteed date period to qualify for a refund.
In conclusion, Natura Formula’s Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder is highly recommended for those who want to boost their gym performance and muscle gain. Additionally, it is also perfect for those who are looking for an all-natural product.
Whittaker, S. The 10 Best Creatine Supplements Right Now. Retrieved from https://www.mantelligence.com/best-creatine-supplements/
The 7 Best Creatine Supplements to Buy in 2019. (2019). https://www.verywellfit.com/best-creatine-supplements-4172418
Top 10 Creatine. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://ph.bodybuilding.com/store/best-creatine-supplements.html
Best Creatine Powder. (2019). Retrieved from https://www.bestworkoutsupplementsblog.com/best-creatine-for-men/
Carter, J. (2019). 10 Best Creatines (Review) in 2019. Retrieved from https://www.gearhungry.com/best-creatine/