Have you always been considering the idea of setting up your own home gym?
Contrary to popular idea, it wouldn’t cost you a fortune to build a home gym. It’s even cheaper than getting a gym membership. Most gym membership costs around $300-$600 per year. You may initially shed out more money in building a home gym, but you will save a lot in the long run.
Aside from the financial aspect, there are other benefits of having your gym at the comfort of your home. First, it’s time-efficient. You can workout anytime you want, without having the hassle of driving to the gym. Second, there’s no distraction at all. You can enjoy your solitary peacefulness while working out. More importantly, you have the freedom to do whatever you want since you don’t have to share space with other people.
It’s easy to get confused with thousands of gym equipment and brands to choose from. Luckily, we have collected some great options that you can consider adding when you set up your home gym.
The Best Home Gyms of 2019
One of the most common reasons why a lot of people are hesitant in setting up their own home gym is that they don’t have a lot of space.
Well, thanks to Weider Ultimate Body Works, you got this problem resolved. This compact home gym system uses a combination of calisthenics with resistance cords and cable pulleys. It’s perfect for those who are looking for a challenging workout without the unnecessary piles of weighted plates.
- Targets every muscle group – Includes adjustable power bands for 50 additional pounds of resistance to help you target your legs, core, back, shoulders and arms in one workout.
- Maximizes your living space – It comes in a convenient foldable feature so you can easily store it when not in use.
- Shapes and sculpts your body – this powerhouse of equipment provides a comprehensive total body workout. It’s an ultimate gym necessity that allows more than 50 different body-shaping exercises.
- Adds more resistance – it has 4 x Resistance Bands that gives you options to increase weight resistance up to 50-pounds.
This home gym is perfect if you’re a beginner in the world of bodybuilding and want to learn the basic movement. It’s also an ideal choice for those who don’t have a large budget because this product is fairly affordable.
It’s a versatile gym machine that provides over 30 strength training exercises and offers a variety of functions for a total body workout. It includes comfortable roller pads, an adjustable preacher curl bicep pad, dual functioning press arm and a 150 lb selectorized weight stack.
- Weight stack lock – it comes with a 150-pound selectorized weight stack that you can customize according to your skill level.
- Premium steel construction – It’s reinforced with guard rods and made with heavy-duty steel tubing to ensure safety during a workout.
- Removeable curl pad – it has ergonomically designed seats with high-density boxed upholstery to reduce impact and tension.
- Dual action press arms – With just a simple insertion or removal of a pin, this equipment allows you to perform vertical butterfly and chest press exercises to develop your pectorals, triceps, biceps and other muscles.
With more than 75 years in service, Marcy has received a good reputation as one of the trusted manufacturers of best gym equipment.
If you really want to level up your bodybuilding game, then you must get the Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage Gym. This one large piece of equipment comes with multiple tools that you will find extremely useful as a bodybuilder.
This may be designed for home use but it’s built like a club machine. It combines a Smith machine, a cable routed pulley system, an Olympic free-weight rack, linear bearings and precision. This total body training system is truly a versatile product.
- All-steel construction – It uses a sturdy aircraft cable with a tensile strength of 2,000lb that can withstand intense long-lasting use.
- All-in-one equipment – It’s a complete training system that limits the need to switch between gym equipment. It’s an innovative approach that combines leg and arm stations to strengthen different muscle groups and execute comprehensive workouts.
- Multifunctional press arms – It’s designed with dual action press arms that will allow you to perform a variety of chest and arm exercises to develop different muscle groups.
This product is perfect for those who have been working out for a while and plan to invest in a good equipment package that wouldn’t make you bankrupt.
It’s a piece of ultimate equipment for a full body workout that includes rings, a medicine ball, up to 230lbs of plates and much more.
- Customized plates – it includes (2) 10LB, (2) 25LB, (2) 35LB, and (2) 45LB plates. Select the right amount of weight according to your skill level.
- Steel bar – includes a 190,000 PSI steel bar with dual knurl marks that is guaranteed for life against breaking or bending.
- Variety of exercises outside of barbell – includes 1 highly durable, 14″ diameter ball, set of wood rings, and 1 53LB kettlebell for weight exercises outside of barbell.
It’s quite challenging to find single equipment that offers so much feature for just under $500.
CAP Barbell FM-H1005 Value Home Gym is the perfect choice if you want to get the best value for your money. For under $500, you can have an equipment that provides you with all the essential features that you’re looking for in a full body machine oriented workout.
It includes your standard exercise tools, such as leg training attachment, chest press and lateral pull down. More importantly, it has a 150lb weight stack which is higher than other similar equipment provides.
- 7 Multiple functions – includes pectoral fly station, Leg Curl, leg extension, seated row/low pulley, standing arm Curl, lat pull down, and chest press station.
- Comfort and endurance – comes with Lumbar support on its ergonomic backrest for a comfortable workout.
- Ideal for small spaces – It does not consume much space so it’s perfect for those who live in smaller apartments.
Setting up your own home gym does not necessarily mean that you have to live in a bigger house and spend a lot of money. You can make smart choices by picking equipment that is perfect for your needs and resources.
Boly, J. (2019). Best Home Gyms 2019. Retrieved from https://barbend.com/best-home-gyms/
Home Gym Reviews for 2019 – Best Home Gyms with Comparisons. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.topfitnessmag.com/home-gym-reviews/
Morris, R. (2019). The 7 Best Home Gyms of 2019. Retrieved from https://www.verywellfit.com/best-home-gym-4157711
Spear, K. (2019). Best Home Gyms 2019 – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide. Retrieved from https://rainydayfitness.com/best-home-gyms/
The Benefits of Having a Home Gym. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://examinedexistence.com/the-benefits-of-having-a-home-gym/