Whey protein is one of the most popular sports supplements in the market. It has become a favorite of sports enthusiasts because of the many benefits it provides.
With a lot of whey protein supplements to choose from, it’s no surprise that a lot of us can get lost in choosing what’s best for them. This article features the Best Whey Supplements of 2019, created especially for those who want to take nothing but the top quality supplements to help achieve their fitness goals.
Why whey protein? Among the two main types of protein, whey protein is considered to be a complete one. Unlike casein, whey protein has all the nine essential amino acids.
In addition, whey protein is low in carbohydrates and fats. Therefore, this can be favorable for those who want to lose weight. It is also essential for muscle gain.
PROS & CONS
- Increases strength and muscle mass
- Improves satiety, as well as promotes weight loss
- Lowers blood pressure and blood sugar level.
- Reduces symptoms of depression and stress
- Reduces the symptoms of hepatitis
- Protects against cancer
- Improves immune function in HIV patients
- Increases bone mineral density
- Side effects may include cramping, pain, diarrhea, flatulence, and nausea
- Most whey powders contain additives
- Whey’s benefits don’t apply if you have a milk protein allergy or you’re lactose intolerant
Below are the 10 best whey supplements of 2019:
BPI Sports ISO HD Whey Protein provides 25 grams of protein in every serving, as well as zero trans fats and extremely low in carbs. The pure whey protein helps rebuild your muscles after an intensive work out in the gym. Moreover, it increases your recovery time.
- SO HD contains 25 grams of Ultra-Premium, Ultra-Pure, Whey Protein Isolate
- 100% whey protein isolate & hydrolysate
- Quickly absorbed by the body
- Only contains 3 g of carbs per serving, therefore, Keto diet-friendly
- High in fructose corn syrup
This product received mixed reviews on Amazon, however, there are more positive reviews. Users love how this product delivers and tastes good. It’s also perfect for those on a keto diet. In addition, those who are not happy with this product stated that the container is only half full.
Clean Lean Protein is sourced from organically grown peas. It’s a complete protein that contains all 9 essential amino acids. Moreover, it provides the key building blocks required for repair and development, energy production and optimal body function.
- Delicious, smooth and easy to mix
- 100% vegetable, thus, suitable for a Paleo diet
- Free from common allergens
- High in protein and low in carb
- No sugar added
- Naturally full of branched-chain amino acids
- Free of dairy, lectin, soy, and gluten
- You may need 2 scoops instead of 1
Most of the reviews on Amazon are positive for this product. Users commented that they like that it’s vegan-friendly, easy to mix with drinks, and that its texture is not chalky. On the other hand, some users find this product quite pricey compared to other whey protein brands.
Isopure Whey Protein is a high-quality whey protein powder that provides 25 grams of protein per serving. Additionally, it provides Vitamins A, B6, B12 and C to help you achieve your optimum health.
- 100% whey protein isolate
- Zero carbs
- Supports your ketogenic macros
- Lactose and gluten free
- Aids in weight management with its 100-110 calories per serving
- Fortified with numerous vitamins and minerals
- Contains Sucralose and artificial flavors
This product received mostly positive reviews on Amazon. For instance, some users commented that it’s a great protein powder to boost their gym performance. In addition, users like its clean taste and good blending texture when mixed with shakes or juices.
Unlike other protein supplements, MuscleTech Phase8 does not give your system a single big dose of protein. Instead, the product is formulated to gradually release the protein throughout 8 hours. You get to effectively use the essential branched chain amino acids which are essential in muscle rebuilding and recovery.
- Contains 7 high-quality protein sources
- 8-hour sustained-release absorption of protein
- Contains high-quality milk-derived protein
- Only contain 97% whey protein isolate
- Not for lactose intolerant
This product received mixed reviews on Amazon. Users like the quality of this product. On the other hand, some users don’t find the taste and texture very pleasant.
This muscle-building fuel contains 5.5g of BCAAs, including 2.7g of L-Leucine and 25 grams of protein per serving. It is equipped with pre-hydrolyzed protein sources to ensure fast absorption and digestion. In fact, Dymatize has established its reputation all over the world for its highest quality products.
- Contains 100% whey protein isolate
- Contains 2.7 grams of Leucine, 5.5 grams of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs, as well as 25 grams of protein)
- Scientifically proven, hydrolyzed and fast-digesting
- Lactose and gluten free
- Less than 1 gram of sugar and fat per serving
- Comes in many flavors
- Safe for those who are lactose intolerant
- Contains Sucralose
Most of the reviews of this product at Amazon are positive. It’s a great product and delivers a favorable result. Above all, most love its taste.
6. BSN Syntha-6
This premium whey protein powder contains 22 grams of protein per serving, as well as 10 grams of essential amino acids, including isoleucine, leucine, and valine. These branched-chain amino acids help repair damaged muscle tissue. In addition, they also help build stronger, bigger, and more durable muscle tissue in its place.
- Contains 22 grams of protein consisting of egg albumin, milk protein isolate, micellar casein, calcium caseinate, whey protein isolate, and whey protein concentrate.
- Promotes recovery support and muscle protein synthesis
- No artificial sweeteners
- Low in trans-fat and calories
- Contains dairy and soy
Reviews on Amazon are overwhelmingly positive. Users commented that what they particularly love the most is the great results it delivers. More importantly, it is indeed the best tasting whey protein in the market.
Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein is the leading supplement of Optimum Nutrition. This ultra-filtered and high-quality whey protein is rich in the branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs). Moreover, it expedites the recovery of your muscles even after the most demanding workout.
- Low in carbs, calories, and sugar
- Provides 5.5 grams of BCAAs per serving
- Contains 24 grams of whey protein per serving
- Improved mixability to prevent clumps and lumps
- Underwent highest quality control
- Contains artificial flavors
This product received overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon. Users specifically attest its high quality and purity. They also love the taste of this supplement.
THE WHEY by MyProtein is a unique tri-blend of whey protein hydrolysate, whey protein concentrate, and whey protein isolate. Each serving offers 25g of whey protein which is essential for stimulating muscle growth and recovery.
- 25g protein per serving
- Low carbohydrate and fat
- Contains Digezyme and Aminogen for better absorption and digestion
- Helps with the maintenance and growth of muscle mass
- Contains Sucralose
This product received a majority of positive reviews on Amazon. They particularly like how it helps them grow muscle mass. More importantly, the taste is pleasant too.
This whey protein powder offers 30 grams of protein per 150-calorie serving, along with creatine, BCAA amino acids, and glutamine. This blend of ingredients supports muscle growth.
- Scientifically shown to build 70% more muscle
- Cold filtered, multi-phase filtration reduces impurities, lactose, and fat without using salt, harsh acids or heat
- Provides the building blocks for recovery and lean muscle
- Contains artificial flavors and sucralose
Amazon users give this product a mixed review, though it’s still mostly positive. It’s a great protein to supplement their daily protein needs and promote muscle growth and recovery. On the other hand, other users find the taste very sweet.
10. Pro JYM
This supplement offers a pure blend of high-quality proteins to maximize muscle repair, recovery, and growth. Every scoop offers 24g of pure quality protein.
- High-quality blend of protein for maximum muscle growth
- Pure 24 grams of protein with no added amino acids to artificially increase the protein content
- Made of highest quality ingredients, such as whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate, micellar casein, and egg white protein
- Quite pricey compared to other whey protein supplements
Reviews of this product on the internet are mostly positive. Users specifically states that its flavor tastes good, however, it doesn’t dissolve well in water.
Whey supplements are a must-have for bodybuilders. This guide on the best products available in the market will help you choose which supplement works best for you.
Amongst these great whey supplements, the best one that we picked based on its ingredients and users’ review is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey.
Just like the name implies, it’s 100% of whey protein goodness. Ingredients used are of high quality and ultrafiltered to deliver the best product. In addition, it’s perfect for those who are watching their weight as it is low in sugar, carbs, and calories.
Best Whey Protein Powders. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://ph.bodybuilding.com/store/best-whey-protein.html
Cooper, E. (n.d.). The Best Whey Protein Powders to Buy in 2019. Retrieved from https://www.menshealth.com/uk/building-muscle/a756812/mh-tried-tested-whey-protein/
Evans, J. (n.d.). The 8 Best Whey Protein for Men of 2019. Retrieved from https://www.verywellfit.com/best-whey-protein-for-men-4169410
Robertson, I. (n.d.). The Best Whey Protein Powder For Men Reviews & Buyer’s Guide. Retrieved from https://totalshape.com/supplements/whey-protein/