Aside from workout and a strict diet, bodybuilders depend on supplements to boost their performance. Fish oil has been one of the most commonly used supplements among bodybuilders.
Read on if you’re in the search for the best fish oil supplements in the market.
Fish oil is a dietary source of omega-3 fatty acids. They serve as an aid for your body to function properly. They also contain Vitamins A and D.
PROS & CONS
There are a lot of health benefits when you take a fish oil supplement. It aids in weight loss, promotes heart health, and strengthens your immune system. In addition, it also speeds up your recovery time and promotes healthy skin.
You may experience side effects, such as rashes, belching, heartburn, loose stools, nausea, nosebleed, bad breath, and indigestion.
This product contains the highest potency and ratio of EPA/DHA on the market. It’s the perfect option to meet your daily EPA and DHA requirement.
- Has a low level of toxins
- Product is highly potent
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Comes in a large pill size which others may find difficult to swallow
This product has received mostly positive reviews on Amazon. It’s a good product that does not have an overpowering fish aftertaste.
This fish oil supplement stands out amongst other supplements because it uses a burpless formula. You will get 900 mg of DHA and 1,200 mg of EPA in each daily dose.
- It has a natural soft lemon flavor
- Uses ultra-pure and refined oil
- This product has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration
This product has overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon. It is said to offer a high-quality supplement at a great cost.
Beast Sports’ Fish Oil Omega-3 Softgels offers 70% omega-3 essential fatty acids. It contains 300 mg of DHA and 400 mg of EPA per softgel.
- It comes in a delicious citrus flavor that guarantees zero fish burps
- Potent fish oil supplement
- It supports a healthy brain
- May contain allergens and glycerin
This product received mixed reviews on Amazon. It’s a great fish oil supplement, however, some users are not happy that it contains glycerin.
Just like the name implies, this offers fish oil softgels in “bulk”. It comes in 100, 300, or 6,000 soft gels. Every two capsules contain 233 mg of DHA and 330 mg of EPA.
- Easy to swallow soft gels
- Provides essential fatty acids
- Promotes heart health
- Very affordable
- Can only be purchased at the manufacturer’s website
This product has received mostly positive reviews on bulksupplements.com. Users find this supplement very effective. More importantly, they like that it comes at a good price too.
Each bottle contains 180 softgels of Ultra Pure Omega 3 Fish Oil. One softgel contains 700 mg of Omega-3 fish oil.
- Utilizes an all-natural plant-derived enteric coating, which makes this product easy to swallow
- No “fishy burps”
- Made in the USA
- Offers money-back guarantee
- Once-daily dosing, unlike other fish oils where you have to take 3-6 pills daily.
- Product not verified by the FDA
It has received mostly positive reviews on Amazon. Users love how they only have to take one pill per day of this potent fish oil supplement.
This product does not just offer fish oil. It also uses plant-based oils that contain DHA and EPA. Aside from omega-3s, it also contains alpha-lipoic acid, tacopherols, and CoQ10.
One bottle has 90 softgels. You will get 200 mg DHA and 300 mg EPA per serving.
- Uses a potent combination of fish oil and plant-based oils
- Serves as a powerful antioxidant
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
- Contains lower EPA and DHA compared to other fish oil supplements
Amazon does not have any reviews of this product, however, it has predominantly positive reviews on its manufacturer’s website. Users enjoy the benefits that they get from the broad spectrum of oils in this product.
This product is perfect for you if you want to get the best value of your money without having to sacrifice the quality. Each softgel contains 250 mg of DHA and 500 mg of EPA.
- Very affordable
- Free of unnecessary fillers and harmful ingredients
- Easy to swallow
- Can give you fish burps
The reviews for this product on Amazon are all positive. Users love the quality of this product, as well as the EPH/DHA content despite its affordability.
This supplement comes in a liquid form which offers a tastier alternative to softgels or capsules. One teaspoon of Carlson Labs fish oil contains 800 mg of EPA and 500 mg of DHA.
- Only needs to be taken once per day
- It does not contain additives and preservatives
- It’s also gluten-free
- May not be convenient for others as it’s in liquid form
- Pricey compared to other brands
Reviews on Amazon are mostly positive. Users are very pleased on how this product delivers. Plus, it is reported to taste good too.
If you want to get the highest amount of omega 3 on your food supplement, then this product is what you’re looking for. Each serving contains 80% of Omega-3 fatty acids and 2,000 mg of EPA + DHA.
- Made with IFOS 5-star certified fish oil
- Provides exceptional potency and purity
- Has one of the most highly-concentrated Omega-3s in the market
- Pricey compared with other brands
This product received mixed reviews on Amazon. Some users like the quality and potency of ingredients. Others are not a big fan of its strong fishy odor though.
This best-selling Omega-3 in the USA contains concentrated levels of omega 3. You get 1280 mg of omega-3s for better immunity, heart, and brain health.
- Pure product with no artificial flavors or colors used.
- Provides a high level of omega-3
- May have strong fishy odor and taste
This product received mixed reviews on Amazon, though most of them are positive. This product may be a little bit pricey compared to other brands, but it is reported to deliver great results.
Each of the fish oils that made this list deserve their spot.
However, Nordic Naturals grabbed the top spot based on customer reviews, as well as the ingredients used. This product is said to serve as an ultimate source of Omega-3.
10 Best Fish Oil Supplements Tested and Reviewed. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://runnerclick.com/best-fish-oil-supplements-reviewed/
Best Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplements (Reviews & Buyers Guide). (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.biohackerslab.com/reviews/best-omega-3-fish-oil-supplement/
Butler, N. (2019). Ranking the best fish oil supplements of 2019. Retrieved from https://bodynutrition.org/fish-oil/
Gamble, L. (2019). TOP 10 BEST FISH OIL SUPPLEMENTS REVIEWED IN 2019. Retrieved from https://happybodyformula.com/best-fish-oil-supplements/