Working out intensively for long hours is not an easy fleet. Thus, most bodybuilders use supplements to boost their performance. The beta-alanine supplement has been one of those supplements that bodybuilder rely on when it comes to energy-boosting.
If you’re looking for the best beta-alanine supplement that can help fuel your workout, you have come at the right place. This article will show you everything you need to know about this type of supplement. In addition, you would also know which are the best brands in the market.
You elevate the level of carnosine in your muscles when you take supplements that contain beta-alanine. As a result, you also reduce the acidity of your muscles during workout. This reduces your overall fatigue and increases your stamina.
The beta-alanine supplement can help you workout intensively for longer hours. So if you want to spend a few hours at the gym to build muscles, then this supplement is perfect for you.
PROS & CONS
Beta-alanine is commonly used as a sports supplement to enhance workout one’s performance. There are tons of pros and cons of this supplement that you need to know, such as:
- Helps improve athletic performance
- Helps increase muscle mass
- Reduces lactic acid in the muscles and delays fatigue
- May lower anxiety and improve PTSD
- Help fight aging
- May lower the risk of developing tumor
- Possible side effects may include:
- Lung irritation
- Eye irritation
- Skin flushing and irritation
- Stomach irritation
- A sensation similar to pins-and-needles
Below are the top 10 Beta-Alanine Supplements of 2019, including:
If you’re looking for a supplement that has no ingredient other than beta-alanine, then RawSeries Beta-Alanine is the perfect product for you. Furthermore, it’s manufactured by Transparent Labs, one of the most trusted company when it comes to sports supplements.
- 1 scoop contains 3 grams of Beta-Alanine
- No added sugars, flavorings, preservatives or fillers
- Pure and highly effective
- Affordable price
- Can only be purchased at the manufacturer’s official website
- May produce slight prickly or flushing sensation
Reviews of this product on Transparent Labs website are all positive. They like how this product is clean and has no additives. In addition, it’s an effective supplement that is easy on the pocket.
NOW Foods Beta-Alanine is a vegetarian-friendly product. It contains 100% pure beta alanine. It is also packed with 5 grams of beta-alanine per serving.
- Delays muscle fatigue
- romotes muscular endurance
- Contains pure beta-alanine ingredient
- Contains no preservatives, shellfish, egg, milk, soy, corn, gluten, wheat, yeast, starch, salt or sugar
- Vegan/vegetarian product
- Ideal for stacking with other sports supplement
- No flavor
Most reviews for this product on Amazon are positive. Users like how it gives them the endurance to work out longer.
BulkSupplements is one of the unbeatable brands when it comes to affordable and pure supplement ingredients. The packaging may look plain and simple. However, the product delivers the job it promises.
- Contains pure Beta alanine powder
- Increases power and training volume
- Reduces feelings of fatigue
- Lab tested for verification & guaranteed purity
- Factory-sealed foil zip pouch
- No added fillers
- May cause tingling sensations in the hands and face
The positive reviews on Amazon have been overwhelming for this product. Users like how pure and clean this supplement is. Moreover, they stated that they can easily mix it with their favorite drinks since this powder is unflavored.
This product uses a powerful combination of beta-alanine, histidine, and four different electrolytes. As a result, it creates a powerful sports supplement. It consists of 550mg of histidine and 1.6g of beta-alanine per serving.
- Supports carnosine synthesis
- Contains no sugar
- Mixes easily with your favorite beverage
- Available in 2 flavors – unflavored and fruit fusion
- Can be pricey
- May cause a tingling sensation which lessens with continuous use
This product received mixed reviews on Amazon, although most of them are positive. Users like how they can easily mix it with their favorite workout shakes or other supplements. However, others are not a fan of the tingly feeling that this product causes.
5. Cellucor C4
This pre-workout powder energy drink does not only contain beta-alanine. It’s a powerful sports supplement which also contains creatine nitrate, B vitamins, and caffeine.
- You get 1.6g CarnoSyn beta alanine, 1g arginine AKG, 1g NO3-T creatine nitrate and 150mg caffeine in every scoop
- Comes with a 30-day full money-back guarantee
- Available in a variety of flavors
- May cause difficulty sleeping when taken at night due to its caffeine content
Cellucor C4 received mixed reviews on Amazon, but with more positive ones. Users like how this powdered drink gives them the extra energy. On the contrary, other users do not like the taste of some flavors.
PrimaForce Beta-Alanine has been scientifically shown to enhance workout performance during high-intensity training. It contains 100% beta-alanine without additives or additional fillers.
- Lab-tested for purity and potency.
- Reduces fatigue
- Enhances strength performance
- Aids lean mass gains
- May cause more tingly sensation than other supplements
Most reviews of this product on Amazon are positive. However, it has its fair share of negative reviews, as well. Users reported that they can see positive results after a few usages. On the other hand, there are those that are not too happy about the tingling sensation and stomach discomfort that they feel afterward.
This supplement contains nothing but beta-alanine. It is packed with 2g of beta-alanine per dose. It’s also a good option for those that are looking for a good beta-alanine product with no extra ingredients or fillers.
- Helps increase lean muscle and strength
- Supports endurance
- Promotes an increase in muscle mass and training capacity
- 100% pure CGMP pharmaceutical grade
- Contains pure beta-alanine
- 2g of beta-alanine per serving is a bit low
There’s no review for this product on Amazon yet. Although, there are positive reviews on bodybuilding.com. Users stated that they feel that this is a great product for pre- and post-workouts.
This unique fitness supplement uses a blend of powerful ingredients, such as beta-alanine, amino acids, BCAAs and more. It can be used before or after a workout.
- Helps maximize fat loss and lean gains
- Enhances recovery and increases energy, endurance, as well as strength
- Complete EAA/BCAA product on the market
- A little bit pricey
- Does not dissolve very well
This product received mix reviews on Amazon, yet most of them are positive. Users mentioned that they feel increased energy and endurance.
Hard Rhino Beta-Alanine Powder is manufactured to increase the level of carnosine in your body. Each pack contains 500 grams of Beta-Alanine.
- Aids in Protection and Repair of Neurons
- Increased Cellular Energy Capacity
- Promotes Muscle Growth in addition to Lean Muscle Mass
- In-House Lab Tested for purity and identity
- High-Quality Ingredients at Value Prices
- Slightly bitter taste
Most reviews for this product on Amazon are positive. Users like how this product works in increasing their strength and endurance. Most users also consider it as a great supplement with an affordable price.
This powder is made of pure beta-alanine. You can easily mix it with water or any other protein powder.
- Increases athletic performance as well as promotes recovery
- Longer buffer time before muscle fatigue
- Offers money back guarantee
- Sour taste
This product received mostly positive reviews on Amazon. Users mentioned that it helps increase users’ strength and endurance. On the contrary, some users commented that they are not a fan of its sour taste.
In conclusion, each of these products has earned their right to be on this list. Yet, the best product that took the first spot is the Transparent Labs RawSeries Beta-Alanine.
Ranking is based on customer reviews, quality, value, price, and its reported effectivity. With its claim to have 3g of pure beta-alanine per serving, you can get the most out of this supplement.
It is also manufactured by a well-established company which has earned a reputation of being transparent in the quality of ingredients that they use. The product is reported to be affordable despite the highest quality of its ingredient.
Magnifico, L. (2019). Ranking the best beta-alanine supplements of 2019. Retrieved from https://bodynutrition.org/beta-alanine/
Meadows, A. (2019). Best Beta-Alanine Supplements – Top 10 Brands Reviewed for 2019. Retrieved from https://top10supplements.com/best-beta-alanine/
10 Best Beta Alanine Supplements. Retrieved from https://garagegymbuilder.com/beta-alanine-supplements/
Best Beta Alanine Supplement. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.fitbodysupplements.com/best-beta-alanine-supplement/