BCAA supplements were once popular amongst bodybuilders and other high athletic performers. They have proven their effectivity when it comes to the improvement of focus, endurance, and muscle retention. As a result, their popularity has rapidly branched out to athletes of all levels.
You will find hundreds of BCAA supplements on the market. Because we know how hard it is to choose which ones are the best, we have selected the top choices for you.
Read on if you’re looking for the best BCAA supplements of 2019.
What makes BCAA supplements more effective compared to other sports supplements?
First, let’s take note that BCAA supplement is made of three different amino acids – valine, isoleucine, and leucine. These essential amino acids help reduce muscle fatigue during and after a workout.
In addition, BCAA supplements help your body in absorbing as much protein as it can. You may already know that proteins are important to build muscles.
Moreover, these supplements speed up the process of muscle recovery. When your muscles are recovering faster, you don’t overwork them and you’re not missing out on any of your gym appointments.
PROS & CONS
BCAA supplements offer more health benefits aside, but you should also consider the possible side effects they bring.
- Help increase muscle mass
- Reduce muscle soreness
- Reduce fatigue during exercise
- Aids in weight loss
- Lowers blood sugar level
- Enhances mental focus
- Lowers the risk of liver disease and reduces its complications
- Manages insomnia and sleep disorders
- It may be linked to several diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and liver problems.
- May have possible side effects, such as fatigue, loss of coordination, nausea, headaches, and increased insulin resistance.
BCAA supplements are generally safe. Make sure that you follow the manufacturer’s instruction, as well as the recommended dosage.
We have made in-depth research of the BCAA supplements available in the market to find out which ones are the best. Below are the top 10 that made it to the list.
Sascha Fitness BCAA is formulated with 4:11 BCAA’s, L-Carnitine, HICA, HMB, and Glutamine. These are powerful ingredients that make this supplement the best in the market.
L-Carnitine is the transporter of fat into the cell’s mitochondria. HICA, on the other hand, neutralizes the waste released during exercise. HMB plays several roles, such as enhances muscle building and breakdown, strengthens the body, and speeds up recovery. Lastly, Glutamine plays an important role in protein synthesis.
- Improves energy and body composition
- Flavors are refreshing
- Lowers cortisol
- It’s all natural
- Some components are not 100% soluble in water
- Quite pricey compared to other supplements
The review of this product on Amazon is generally positive. Users like how it helps them in performing better at the gym. They also like that it comes with different flavors.
This supplement is specifically created to be the best BCAA “repair and recovery” supplement available.
It has two extra ingredients on top of the 3 BCAAs – glutamine and coconut water powder. Glutamine reduces muscle soreness after a workout while coconut water powder assists with rehydration. In addition, it has an anti-inflammatory characteristic which helps improve your immune system.
- Uses premium fermented vegan BCAAs
- No artificial coloring, sweeteners, and preservatives
- Gluten-free and Non-GMO
- Improves glucose metabolism
- Comes in different flavors
- Can only be purchased on their official website
Most of the reviews found on their website are generally positive. Users feel possible effects after a few weeks of using this supplement. They also find the flavors delicious.
This product uses a powerful combination which makes it one of the best BCAA supplements in the market.
It uses a ratio of 4:1:1 – 4 parts leucine to one of both isoleucine and valine. More ratio was given to leucine as it’s the most important amongst all 3 BCAAs. Also, the double ratio of leucine means more explosive muscle growth.
- Contains an impressive ratio of 4:1:1
- Boosts muscle growth
- Reduces muscle soreness
- Speeds up muscle recovery
- Comes in a delicious Cherry Burst flavor
- Has 60-day money back guarantee
- Can only be purchased through Battle Ready Fuel official website
There is only 1 review posted on their website. The user loved that it’s really top quality BCAA powder but would have wanted more flavor choices.
This supplement is effective in muscle growth and repair with its 4:1:1 ratio, with more leucine per serving. It also comes with a very high amount of zinc and a large amount of Vitamin B6 and B12.
- Supports protein synthesis
- Speeds up recovery from exercise
- 4:1:1 ratio of BCAAs with more leucine per serving
- Instantized and water soluble for rapid absorption and great mixability
- Support hydration with sustamine and electrolytes
- The taste may not be pleasant for some users
- Little chalky when mixed with water
This product received mixed reviews on Amazon, but most are still positive. Users attest to how it helps them improve their performance and boost up recovery. A lot of them though find the taste unpleasant and strong.
If you want to have the easiest way of getting more energy after a hard-resistance workout, Cellucor Alpha Amino is your best choice. It comes in a well-proportioned BCAA ratio of 2:1:1 of the 3 essential amino acids. In addition, it also includes 9 other amino acids to help boost your performance.
- Contains electrolytes for hydration and muscle recovery
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee with 30-days money back guarantee
- You should not exceed 4 servings per day
- Few flavors to choose from
Reviews of this product on Amazon are overwhelmingly positive. Users love how this product delivers the job. Plus, it tastes good too.
6. Xtend BCAA
This supplement manufactured by Scivation is especially appealing to those who want to lose weight. It contains zero calories, therefore, it’s perfect if you’re conscious of your weight.
Furthermore, it contains citrulline malate to improve aerobic performance and oxygen delivery. It also has added glutamine to boost muscle recovery.
- Zero calories, carbohydrate free and sugar-free
- Contains 3.5g of Leucine for Muscle Protein Synthesis
- Help you stay hydrated before, during and after a workout with Electrolytes in Xtend
- May have a “gritty” texture
- Only has a ratio of 2:1:1 for BCAA content
The reviews are generally positive. Users love the watermelon flavor. They also love that this supplement really works.
This supplement contains a good blend of BCAA 2:1:1 ratio of essential amino acids for muscle growth. Additional ingredients include coffee and green tea to help promote rejuvenation. Lastly, there’s Taurine which helps with metabolism and prevents hydration.
- Comes in 14 available flavors
- All natural ingredients
- Easy mixing capabilities
- It has 5 grams of premium BCAAs to speed up muscle recovery
- Makes recovering enjoyable with a mouthwatering taste
- Contains lecithin
- Does not offer a 30-day guarantee
This product received more positive reviews on Amazon. Users love the taste and it is reported to be affordable. More importantly, they feel that this supplement works great too.
This supplement offers 5 grams of high-quality BCAAs to promote protein synthesis. In addition, it also contains an extract of Rhodiola for an increase in endurance and stamina. Lastly, this product has Wellmune to support your immunity during high-intensity workouts.
- Comes in 4 available flavors
- Was tested independently for banned substances
- Contains additional electrolytes
- Supports muscle building, recovery, and immunity
- 5g Branched Chain Amino Acids
- Only contains 28 servings per tub
This product received mixed reviews on Amazon, though most of them are positive. Users love how it helps them with their workout. They stated that they don’t appreciate its flavor though and that it does not mix easily.
While most supplements have a ration of 2:1:1, this product is standout with a perfect ratio of 3:1:2. This product contains 3g of leucine, 2g of valine and 1g of isoleucine. This perfect combination of BCAA helps with the reduction of muscle breakdown. Moreover, taking this supplement will help you in fat loss and an increase in lean body mass.
- Patent-pending BCAAs
- An ideal mix of three essential amino acids
- Fuels muscle development
- 30 servings per container
- Texture can be chalky
This product received mixed reviews on Amazon. While it’s mostly positive, there are a number of negative reviews. While it’s effective in helping build muscles and speeding up recovery, other users don’t like the taste. Others also complained that this product is hard to mix.
Dymatize BCAA Complex 2200 is probably the best BCAA capsule available in the market. It contains BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. In addition, it also has Vitamin B2 and B6 which help promote hemoglobin production and produce more energy.
- Time released aminos helpful for the regeneration of muscle
- Contains Amino acids in their most assimilated form
- Needs to be taken 4 times per day
This supplement received a majority of positive reviews on Amazon. They find that really delivers and they see results after a month of use.
While it’s clear that everyone deserves to be on the list, only one supplement should take on the top spot.
For those who want to know what ingredients are added on their supplements, Transparent Labs BCAA is the best BCAA on this list. The manufacturer made it sure that they transparently list all the ingredients included. Moreover, another factor that makes it the users’ favorite is that it contains all natural ingredients. You will enjoy the pleasant benefits of increased muscle growth and faster recovery without having to worry about any toxic ingredients that may have been added.
If you’re interested in more supplements, you can also check out our creatine buyer’s guide.
English, N. (2019). Best Reviewed BCAA Supplements 2019. Retrieved from https://barbend.com/best-bcaa-supplements/
Gamble, L. (2019). Top 10 Best BCAA Supplements Reviewed in 2019. Retrieved from https://happybodyformula.com/best-bcaa-supplements/
Best BCAA Supplements in 2019: Top 7 Brands That Actually Work. (2019). Retrieved from https://broscience.co/best-bcaa-supplements/
Top 10 BCAAAs. (2019). Retrieved from https://ph.bodybuilding.com/store/best-branch-chain-amino-acids.html